08 Jan 2016
Brenda Keeling Wedding Planner Tips Part 3 – Final bits and pieces
- Pick up wedding rings and get engraved if necessary.
- Put together a schedule for the wedding and give the relevant sections to all the people involved. Include maps if necessary. i-do has an examples of schedules for pre wedding preparation, the wedding ceremony and the wedding reception.
- The running sheet. Decide the order of toasts and speeches.
- Keep your guest list and rsvp’s up to date using your i-do guest planner.
- Make sure your attendants organise your hens or bucks night at least a week before the wedding to avoid any hangovers on the day!
- Start getting into the wedding celebrations and hold your bridal shower.
- Have a trial day with your hair and makeup artist to experiment with styles, try and take your head piece with you.
- Book an appointment at a beauty salon for at least 1 week before the wedding day for any waxing, facials you may need, and organise a manicure and pedicure for a few days before.
- Buy your wedding lingerie and spare hosiery for both yourself and the bridesmaids.
- Provide the wedding venue and caterers with an estimated number of guests.
- Make sure you have a definite collection date for everyones wedding attire and they know about it.
- Reconfirm everyone…the wedding cars, wedding flowers, wedding entertainment, hair and makeup artist, wedding photographer and videographer etc.
- Book in the entire bridal party for the wedding ceremony rehearsal usually held in the week leading up to the wedding.
Bringing it all together
- Have your engagement ring professionally cleaned.
- Finalise seating arrangements.
- Write the place cards or have the written by a calligrapher.
- Make a master seating plan display so your guests can see where their tables and also give one to the reception venue.
- Check all wedding speeches are well on their way.
- If you have time, start writing thank you notes as you receive gifts.
- Wear in your wedding shoes, and scruff the bottom to ensure you don’t slip.
- Confirm EVERYTHING once again!
- Start getting plenty of much needed rest!
One week before
- Have your waxing and other beauty treatments at the salon.
- Reconfirm the bridal suite.
- Confirm final numbers with venue and caterers.
- Have the wedding ceremony rehearsal.
- Pack your bags ready for your honeymoon.
- Pick up the tickets and itinerary for your honeymoon and organise travellers cheques, travel insurance and a little extra spending money on your credit card if possible.
- Reconfirm flights 72 hours before.
The night before
- Lay out your your wedding shoes (scuffed so you don’t slip), jewellery, tiara, veil ready for the following day and keep you wedding dress in a safe place.
- Take a long bath, burn some essential oils and listen to some relaxing music.
- Get a good nights sleep.
On the day
- Eat! Eat! Eat! Have a healthy breakfast and lunch – we don’t need to tell you what happens after a glass or two of bubbly on a stomach full of nothing but nerves – you will be needing all the energy you can get!
- Refer to your schedules if you need to.
Forget about the weather, don’t panic about the lippy mark on the veil, go with the flow and have a fantastic and memorable day…because when the bride is happy and having fun – so is everyone else!